Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Meals

The more I get into cooking, the more I want to forgo the restaurant experience and stay home to create something all my own. It's getting to the point where I only go to restaurants for new inspirations. Great for his wallet, not so good for my workload :)

Weekend dinners are where I love to spend 3, 4, sometimes 8 hours creating something really elaborate. The standard Chinese meals always consist of multiple courses; veggie, meat, seafood and usually a soup. That's what I tried to do, so here's a typical saturday night meal:

Curry chicken with potatoes is a very typical Shanghainese meal, every mom I know makes it



Roast pig from Ctown, sometimes I cheat a little and buy some prepared food to supplement the meal, I really wish there were more places there I can easily pick up more prepared/appetizer food


Sauteed string beans with roast garlic... yum!



Lastly, Asians really believe in the healing power of soup. My mom has been telling me all about the ying and yang of food types since I can remember. Truth be told, that's not why I make soup, I make soup because it doesn't feel like a complete Chinese meal until I have had something savory burning down my throat

No comments: