Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's been years...literally!

So obviously I have a ton of catching up to do... let's start with Super Bowl 2011...

Since the Cowboys weren't in the Super Bowl, the only thing I was interested in this year was the food. And the food was amazing! For those who have been to Anthos before it closed, an amazing Greek restaurant in Midtown, it is known for the lamb burgers and it is well deserved. The burger was juicy, meaty, smokey, all the adjectives a burger should have and then some. I was devastated when they closed, but thank god there's a recipe for the lamb burger on Saveur.

Here's the prep, this is one of the few times I have ever followed a recipe word for word. Well, almost :)
And here's the final product, I decided to serve these babies on a toasted mini potato roll with baby spinach and caramelized onions...


What's next? Ahhh, V-Day!

I generally hate going out on V-day: overpriced, mediocre food. I feel the same way about restaurant week. So this year, I decided to stay in and do a seafood boil. Who says you can't have a seafood boil in a manhattan apartment? Especially when lobsters are $7.99 a pound in ctown.

For appetizer, I served a salmon sashimi and avocado cerviche... with homemade cumin pita chips... I pretty much got full just from that!


For entree, I boiled a massive pot of lobster, shrimps, crabs, baby red potatoes, keilbasa and topped everything off with browned butter and cilantros...mmmmhhhhhh!!!

And here's the aftermath. I supplied the food. He supplied the roses. :)

No comments: