Thursday, April 21, 2011

Broiled Vietnamese Pork chops


I love Vietnamese food! And I don't care what anyone says, NY has pretty decent viet food. Yes, I have been to Houston and Cali... whatever, I like my pho here!

And I love the grilled pork chops, they were actually an obsession in college, I used to drive (or make someone else drive) for hours so I can get some pork chops and spring rolls. hell yeah!

So why not make them at home? If you can't bbq (and who can in manhattan?) broiling is the next best thing. So I pounded the porkchops (very shanghainese thing to do) and then marinaded my porkchops in:
lemongrass
lemon juice
garlic
onion
salt
pepper
brown sugar
regular sugar
honey
sake
and finally vietnamese fish sauce (eww! haha)

To serve with that, sauteed belanchan with garlic:


And caramelized shrimps. Btw, this is my favorite way to cook shrimps, imagine all that soy sauce, sugar, ginger, scallions and sake reduced down to an intense, finger-licking, kick ass sauce... and that's what you got

No comments: